Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kenmore 80 Series washer- motor coupler new but keeps falling off transmision side.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sjacobs

I have installed a new motor coupler on my Kenmore 80 series and for some reason the coupler keeps falling off the transmission side (not the motor side) I have used a hammer and spark plug socket to pound the coupler on, but it continues to fall off after just 1-2 cycles. I keep tilting the washer back and again each time I find the same thing- coupler keeps falling off (and it IS NOT BROKEN). Is there a way to get to the middle pin (that spins the motor coupler) to stay up so I can pound the coupler deeper around the pin? It seems like I can pull the pin up from the transmission side but the pin pushes right back down. Should I open the transmission housing? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Steven[b]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum