Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frigidaire Dishwasher wont go on unless I apply pressure on the front door

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smhagger

When you look at the front door to my frigidaire dishwasher, there is a panel across the top part of the door where all the buttons are. Right at the bottom of that panel is where I need to apply pressure for the dishwasher to stay on. I am sure something has become loose. Can I open it, there are 6-9 screws that hold the front side of the door on? Do I need to disconnect power, where is it, and how do I know what connection it is?

2Frigidaire Dishwasher wont go on unless I apply pressure on the front door Empty Frigidaire Dishwasher Door 9/18/2010, 00:00

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

You definitely want to cut the power to the dishwasher before removing the front panel.

You will want to remove the screws from around the perimeter of the inner door liner. The outside metal panel will come off and then the plastic top will also come free from the inner panel.

Before you go through all that first make sure the dishwasher is not jammed under the counter. Too many times when the doors don't close correctly or have leak issues, it's because the dishwasher isn't sitting square under the counter.

If that's not the case then you want to go straight for the door latch assembly. Check for loose screws. It sounds like there may be a crack in the plastic housing causing it not to completely close all the way, but like you said, with a little extra push it will kick on.

Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum