Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

belt replacement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1belt replacement Empty belt replacement 1/19/2009, 23:56

fourpaws

How do you replace the drivebelt on a Whirlpool Duet washer.I can't figure out how to get the belt on the tub pulley and the motor.The belt seems to short.

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
Here is something that works for me. Place the belt around the motor pulley first. Then take start the belt on the big pulley. Once you get the belt started, clamp it on with vise grips that way it won't slip off. Alot of washers have new belts that seem too short. This is what the factory guys guys suggested to me and it works everytime.
With the belt started on the bigger pulley and clamped on, just start rotating the big pulley and spin the belt on.
It may be tough, but the vise grips will prevent the belt from popping off when you are trying to rotate the pulley to get the belt over the big pulley.
Remember, place the belt around the motor pulley first then start it on the tub pulley. Clamp it on the tub pulley and rotate it on.
Let me know how you make out. I will be more than happy to help you further.
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

3belt replacement Empty belt replacement 1/20/2009, 14:47

fourpaws

Mr. Bill
Excellent advice.Worked like a charm.Thank you so much.

4belt replacement Empty Whirlpool Belt Trick 1/20/2009, 15:58

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
Cool I'm Glad it worked well for you.
When I started noticing the "short" belt syndrome, I thought the same as you.
Thanks for using my forum for help.
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum