Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Electrolux dishwasher problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chaski

Two week old EIDW6105 has worked fine until tonight. When I tried to start it,all lights merely blink...nothing happens. Appears to be stuck.

I shut power off, thinking it might force the electronics back to a default setting, but this appeared to do nothing.

Help. machine loaded with stinky dishes and Electolux is no help until Monday.

Thanks.

2Brand new Electrolux dishwasher problem Empty Electrolux Dishwasher 2/8/2009, 01:33

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
It sounds like you may have an issue with your buttons on the dishwasher. It sounds like you have a stuck button code. Before that model dishwasher got sold, when it was new to the market, i remember replacing tons of those control panels with the buttons. Even on good machines that worked fine.
The best thing for you to do right now is wait till monday and get set up for factory service. You have already eliminated the obvious with resetting the control board.
If you are located near Philly or Trenton, NJ, I would actually be the service guy to repair your machine.
Sorry I can help you out more this weekend.
If you have anymore questions please ask, I will be more than happy to help you out the best I can.
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

3Brand new Electrolux dishwasher problem Empty Thanks 2/8/2009, 08:39

chaski

Thank you.

No, I live on the New Hampshire/Mass border, so I guess I will be seeing someone else.

I guess I'll have to do the dishes the old-fashioned way until someone gets here!

I guess I do have a question, though...

Ignoring the mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I replaced our 15 year old Maytag with this model. My wife wasn't totally in favor of it, but I insisted that it could be worth it for the energy savings, (plus it really is quiet). Last night she said "Can I have my old Maytag back?"

You don't suppose this will be a harbinger of problems to come, do you?

4Brand new Electrolux dishwasher problem Empty Electrolux Dishwasher 2/11/2009, 10:13

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
Nah, I haven't run into a repeat repair on these yet. Once the buttons are replaced then you should be good to go.
Let me know how you make out. "Should have left well enough alone!" J/K
Talk to you later,
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum