Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

not drying

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1not drying Empty not drying 9/18/2010, 16:01

ronh

Frid. dishwasher #pld3460rdc1- not drying- heating element not hot- wandering if it could be thermostat - can you tell me where it it located

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

You are going to be looking for the High Limit Thermostat. It is located underneath the dishwasher. Its a small round disk about as round as a nickel with two wires going to it. You want to check the continuity of the heating element also. Make sure the heating element hasn't failed and not the thermostat.

Disconnect the power to the dishwasher. You are going to have to pull it out from under the counter. Unplug the wires going to the heating element. Check the terminals of the heating element for resistance. If it shows an open circuit then the element is bad. It will need replaced. If the heating element is showing good, then I would replace the thermostat. More often then not the element turns out to be bad and not the thermostat.

Let me know if this helps. Go to the sears website and type in your model number to look up the High Limit Thermostat and the heater. These parts are both accessed from under the bottom of the dishwasher.

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum