Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

dryer wont dry!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1dryer wont dry! Empty dryer wont dry! 12/31/2010, 08:38

marbrifox

hi there i have a whirlpool awz7914al 6th sense dryer that fails to dry.when i put it on for a cycle the heating element heats up for about 30 seconds and then cuts off and thats it.i have replaced the element with a new one which has made no difference.also i must add these dryers elements have the thermal cut out and thermostats built in to the element and all have been checked with a multimeter and still no problems there.so any ideas would be appreciated.thankk you. Sad

2dryer wont dry! Empty dryer wont dry 2/26/2011, 21:46

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

This doesn't sound like an issue with the dryer at all. You have about a 99 percent chance that you are going to find a restriction of some sort in the venting of the dryer.

With your complaint that would be the first thing I would check if I was at your house doing a service call.

Check that first and when you are 100 percent sure that your external dryer vents are clear then you will have to clean the inside of the dryer where the lint filter goes.

That would be the only other place you would be having a air flow restriction.

Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum