Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kenmore washer makes a scraping noise while draining.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mtaylor

I just bought a 90 series washer and on the first cycle when it was draining it make a horrible scraping noise that sounds like metal on metal. I have only ran it twice and have stopped using it for fear of damage.

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

It sounds like the inner tub may be loose. Reach in with your hands and grab the metal inner tub and move it back and forth. It should have a nice fluid motion and move with the outer tub. If you feel it clank around or it wiggles then you will cause more damage to the machine.

Let me know what you find.

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

mtaylor

We moved the inner tube around and it seems to move smoothly. When we run a cycle it is agitating and the water is draining fine. I listened to it again and it is clicking/squeaking when it is spinning and draining.

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Usually a clicking noise is a sign of a broken motor coupling. It is possible for the machine to "kinda" spin, but not actually get up to full speed. It will sound like its working but if have the lid open open while its washing or spinning, you may find that its actually not. However it will drain out the water.

To see the machine spin with the lid open, simply place a flathead screwdriver in the hole where the switch is. Don't force it into the hole too far, you don't want to damage the switch. Please don't put any body parts in the machine when it's spinning.

Let me know what you find

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum