Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

maytag washer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1maytag washer  Empty maytag washer 3/4/2012, 18:38

alori

My son has problems with maytag washer. it is in basement of raised ranch and the problem is water is staying in trap and is coming back into washer. Plumber came out and extended the pipe up by several inches and said this should help but it has not. My son has to put water in pipe trap to flush before doing laundry so no dirty, smelly water comes back. Someone told him to get a new washer pump, someone else said it is a problem because you need a pump up washing machine and still another person said not to call a plumber but call appliance tech..Help the plumber was expensive and can't keep calling and not have problem fixed.The washing machine is about 8 years old and a top loader. Thank you

2maytag washer  Empty Maytag Washer Draining 3/4/2012, 18:44

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

How high does the washer have to drain the water?

If the drain hose is too high above the machine, water will backfeed into the washer. The drain hose shouldn't be any higher than a foot above the back of the machine.

Let me know how you make out.

Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum