Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do I clean inside the machine soap drawer?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sewnice50

Shocked I have a whirlpool Duet front loader its 2 years old. I run the clean cycle with bleach at least 2 times a month and when I am done washing for the week I pull out and drain the soap drawer to let air circulate. Last night I just happened to look inside where the soap drawer fits and inside the machine, after I pulled out the drawer, I noticed the "ceiling" in that soap area in the machine is black with mildew. How do I clean that? spray it with bleach? take a long handled brush to it? I am worried about all that black going into my machine.
What should I do to get it clean? How can I prevent this in the future? I called whirlpool but they were no help at all.
Thanks!

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
This sounds like a job that may require you to remove the dispenser from the machine to properly clean it. This is just something that happens over time. There is almost no way to completely prevent it from happening. Keeping the drawer and door open when the machine is not in use will cut down on it greatly.
Remove the soap drawer from the machine. Your owner's manual will have the instruction on how to take it out of the machine. There should be enough room for you to reach inside the area where the drawer used to be and clean it. I would recommend using AFFRESH when you run the washer through a clean cycle. This prevents that same mildew from forming inside the machine between the inner and outer tubs. Usually the complaint is black marks on clothes when it gets to be too big of a problem.
The mildew should come off the plastic dispenser cover fairly easy.
Where is the machine located in the house?
Let me know how you make out with your drawer issue.

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum