Appliance Questions and Answers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appliance Questions and Answers Forum

Post your Questions in the Forums about Appliance Repair and Service Questions and get Free Advice and Repair Help

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frigidare Front Loading Washing Machine out of balance!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

capnbob

I have a new Frigidare Front Loading Washing Machine Model FTF530FS which is the second machine in my new home, the first was damaged during mfg or shipping and was replaced with the one I have now. This second machine continues to vibrate or wobble excessively during the final spin cycle in particular, knocking the drum against the frame most of the time. We have run this machine with various size loads and empty, and it continues to spin "out of balance". The Frigidare repairman has replaced the "Speed Control Board" and it made no difference in the machine operation. The shocks and springs are all in place and appear to be normal. The machine is perfectly level and on a concrete slab tiled level floor. I am of the opinion that the drum itself is out of balance. I am waiting a call from the Frigidare repair man to see what will happen next.

We owned the same or similar model of machine from 1998 thru 2007 and had no problem with the machine FES747GES WOW EXT/LG $T (Front Loader). We know how the machine is supposed to operate. This new machine will not even handle three normal bath towels. They come out dripping wet at the end of the final spin cycle. (abnormal)

Some loads come out ok but others do not.

In addition to the "unbalance" condition during the final spin cycle, the water pump seems to be very noisey as compared to our previous machine (1998-2007).
Our observation with this machine tells us that it is more cheaply manufactured than the machine we purchased in 1998.

Would appreciate any insight to the problem. Please, we know about adjusting the loads when they are out of balance on occasion. Remember, this machine is abnormal when run without any load.

Thanks,
Bob

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
Wow, at first thought is sounds like the shipping bolts where left in. On this model there maybe on behind the front panel that is not common.
Aside from the bolts in the back that lock the tub, there is most likely another shipping brace basically under the front of the wash tub.
Let me know what you find and we can go from there.
Very interesting.
Talk to you later,
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

capnbob

Bill,
There are two braces in the front, both of which were removed along with the three bolts in the back.
Why won't anyone associated with "repair" accept the fact that the drum is just not balanced correctly. If it wobbles when unloaded then it would almost have to be an unbalanced drum, don't you think?
I have been unable to find out much about this particular model. All of the other forums and/or repair sites mention the Speed Board or unbalanced content....towels for instance being all bunched up. That is one problem this machine is supposed to prevent by it's reversing the tumbling/spin cycle periodically.
Anything else?
Bob

4Frigidare Front Loading Washing Machine out of balance! Empty Frigidaire Washer 2/11/2009, 10:09

MrBill

MrBill
Admin

Hello,
Run the machine in a spin cycle completely empty. Let me know if it spins off balance with no clothes.
It is possible that the tub is not balanced. Very rare but possible. Running the machine empty will tell us more.
Thanks Again,
Bill

http://www.applianceoutletservice.com

capnbob

Bill,
When running the machine without clothes, the problem persists. The wobbling occurs mainly at the beginning of the final spin cycle. The drum begins turning and starts banging then slows down, stops, then reverses, begins spinning, wobbling, and then slows down. After up to two or three of these cycles, it will sometimes get up to full spin speed. Other times it does not.
After running 7 loads through in one day, we had four successfully completed washes. The other three came out soaking wet at the end.
There seems to be an intermittant condition or inconsistent problem.
Frigidare told us to call out a different repairman which we did and he is scheduled to come out soon. He said it might be the "Door Lock Coil" and will bring one with him. ???
Bob

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum